How to Decorate Your Nightstand
Most people think of bedside tables as simply a place to put things during the night—a glass of water, a book, your phone, glasses, and so forth. But purposeful, creative nightstand decor ideas can increase the aesthetic pleasure and relaxing atmosphere of your bedroom. Thoughtful and beautiful bedroom side tables add personal style and flair to one of the most important rooms in your home—your haven for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Bedside Table Ideas
Whether you’ve just moved in or have been in your home for a while, nightstands offer an opportunity to put your own personal design stamp on the bedroom. Bedroom side tables are an often-overlooked opportunity to punch up your style.
- New. With so many available options, it’s easy to shop for the perfect new nightstands for your bedroom. Replace mismatched, old, scratched or worn nightstands with new tables that are perfectly suited to your room’s size and style.
- Used. From moving sales to thrift stores, there are dozens of opportunities to find gently used nightstands that are the perfect complement to your bedroom’s decor. Enjoy browsing for those interesting pieces that make the room pop.
- Homemade. If you’re a DIY type, consider creating custom bedside tables to match your exact design aesthetic and desired size. Small space nightstands can be simple, easy and fun to build and decorate if you have the time and inclination.
- Repurposed. Think outside of the box for an interesting nightstand style. Wooden shipping crates, metal sculpture, open and closed boxes—get super creative with shape, style and functionality.
Tip: If you charge a lot of devices at night, consider creating a dedicated space on your nightstand such as a stylish charging box in which you can place items at night to keep nightstands clutter-free.
Beautiful Bedside Decor
Understanding how to beautify these small but impactful tables can set the tone for relaxation, comfort and delight. Here are a few considerations on how to decorate a nightstand through impactful bedside table decor:
- Personalize it. Showcase unusual or interesting personal items. Travel memorabilia, meaningful family items or photos—all of these give the eye and mind something pleasant to touch upon.
- Beautify it. Choose colors that compliment or delightfully contrast your bed or wall color and style. Try adding pizzazz through multicolored stacks of books or colorful bookends.
- Light it. Consider the size and shape of your room. If you are working with a small space nightstand, downsize your lamp to something small but visually interesting. Thrift shops and antique stores are great places to find these unique treasures.
Whatever your style, creating an attractive nightstand array can completely change the tone and feel of your bedroom. From the material you choose for the nightstand itself to how to de-clutter, beautify and decorate the top, bedside tables offer a design opportunity that enhances beauty and relaxation in a bedroom.
Need more style inspiration? Check out our blog posts on planning a family picture wall or turning your bathroom into a personal spa!