"Quick Tips" - Construction Begins!
You have picked everything out so the fun can now begin! Meet our Construction Team. It is time to turn over the floor plans and selections to this group. Their job is to take all those ideas and selections you made and bring them to life.
Before we break ground on the project, you will have a Pre-Construction Meeting at our office where you will meet your Construction Superintendent. This is a opportunity for them to be introduced to you as a homeowner as well as your floor plans and selections. They will be briefed on all the details of the home so they have a clear vision of what you are wanting. From this point on they will become part of your family! They will be one of the main sources of contact throughout your build. Their job is to schedule all the trades, get inspections and make sure everything is followed on the plans. They are also the eyes of the company to make sure not only all your selections are fulfilled but everything behind the walls are built soundly and energy efficiently.
During the build of your home, Landmark Fine Homes will schedule several meeting on your jobsite. This gives us the opportunity to educate you on what is behind the walls and get feedback from you on how you want certain areas of your home to look like.
- Ground Breaking - You will meet at your home site and have a quick review of how the home will be placed on the lot.
- Construction Begins!
- Post Frame Meeting - The builder and homeowner meet at the home to verify doors, windows, and wall locations, mark the walls for phone and cable and review the electrical plans.
- Pre Drywall Meeting - The builder and homeowner verify everything is installed in the walls and we are ready to begin sheetrock. This is also the time where you will meet with the Custom Cabinet Makers. They will talk with you about what all you would like to see in your cabinets. You will receive a computer generated 3D drawing of those details before the cabinets are made.
- Finishes Meeting - The builder and homeowner meet prior to trim, paint and flooring to review the selections you have made and make any adjustments. You will also design your closet layouts at this time.
- Flat Work Meeting - The builder and homeowner meet prior to flat work to review. What is flat work? That is your concrete sidewalks and patios!
You are getting close to moving into your new home. Only a few more steps and it will be complete. Check back in next week to see what's next!