"Quick Tips"- How Do I Know What I am Getting?
Landmark Fine Homes New Home Consultant Team
Once you have made the decision that choosing a Certified Professional Builder is crucial, the next area to look at is, "What am I getting for the price?". This can lead to HORROR STORIES! Budgets spinning out of control and promises that were made verbally and never kept is a typical comment we hear from people regarding their previous experiences or those of family and friends. How horrible to start such a personal endeavor with those thoughts! But the reality is, you can do a great deal to avoid bad experiences simply through the way your choose your builder. Like the foundation of your home it is crucial to have a good foundation of expectations with your builder.
- Define Your Needs: What size, type and price range of home do you want? Landmark Fine Homes New Home Consultants work hard to find out what your needs are and come up with a plan and design features to fit those needs in your budget. We have communities throughout the OKC Metro area including Cascata Falls, The Reserve at Valencia, The Springs at Valencia, The Springs at Skyline Trails, The Preserve at Parkside, Carrington Lakes, The Springs at Greenleaf Trails, Little River Trails and Montoro Ridge. The great option you have with Landmark Fine Homes is we can also build on your own lot! Let us know if you have a lot somewhere and we will do a FREE lot inspection.
- Detailed Bid: It is important to know exactly what is going inside your home when you sign a contract.
Landmark Fine Homes is a Custom Home Builder so we do not have a base price for each home. We want to give every potential homeowner the opportunity to make changes to our floor plans as well as pick out what amenities they would like in their home. After building homes for over 18years we have found that what everyone thinks of as standard or base is different.
We have developed a wonderful process that is FREE of charge to the potential homeowner. The first step to the bid process is finding out what floor plan you like as well as what lot you want to be on. We will then go over the floor plan to see if there are any changes you would like to make such as:
- Are the room sizes good?
- Do you need to add or take out square footage anywhere?
- Do we need to change the layout of the home?
- Do you like the elevation?
There is a lot of flexibility you have in designing YOUR home!
The next step is to find out what amenities you would like in the home.
- Do you want carpet/tile?
- Granite or Quartz countertops?
- Types of doors?
Again- there is a lot of flexibility in the choices you can make.
Once that is complete, you will receive a VERY DETAILED bid on your home that will include the options you have chosen. When you sign a contract with Landmark Fine Homes you can be confident that unless YOU make changes during the build process you will not pay anything additional for your home, you will not have to worry about “upgrades” or wonder how much the home will cost you when you are ready to close.
- Experience: Do you want this to be the first house your builder has ever done? What about the 10th? Landmark Fine Homes has been building homes for 18 years. We have the experience in building homes of all sizes and can meet your needs.
- Are past buyers satisfied? : Repeat business is a big deal in the home building industry. Landmark Fine Homes has several customers that have not only built one home but have built 2 and 1 customer has even owned 3 Landmark Fine Homes! Check out what one of our customers had to say about there experience.
Coming up next...... The Design Process and Color Sections!